Although it’s not officially summer, this is the perfect time to get your yard summer ready! Longer days mean you have time to tackle outdoor cleaning projects, declutter your yard, and make your outside space fun for the whole family!
Get Your Yard Summer Ready: Cleaning Projects
It’s time to tackle outdoor cleaning projects that you probably can’t do during any other season. We recommend prioritizing these areas:
- Trash cans: Trash cans quickly become dirty and can lead to flies finding them a suitable home to lay their eggs. Scrubbing out your trash can help to prevent this, and you won’t have to hold your breath every time that you open it. In this case, a liquid toilet bowl cleaner and toilet bowl brush are great tools for the job.
- Windows: You might clean the inside of your windows on a regular basis, but how often do you get around to the outside? If you have a hose connected to your house, the process is actually quite easy. A simple mixture of dish detergent and white vinegar will have the glass sparkling.
- Outdoor Furniture: Maybe you forgot to cover it over the winter. Maybe you have no idea what happened. Either way, it’s easier to enjoy your time outside if you get rid of whatever mold, mildew, or general grime is on your furniture. Bleach is your best option, but remember to move your furniture off of the grass before you get started.
Summer is on it’s way, so tackle those outdoor projects and make sure you’re ready for it!
Get Your Yard Summer Ready: Decluttering
Chances are your yards still a bit of a mess. You probably even have a couple of old yard tools in your garage that need replacing. Here’s what you can do to clean and declutter your yard this summer!
- Declutter Your Equipment: Why do you still have a lawnmower that refuses to start? What about that spade missing it’s handle? Don’t let your garage fill up with useless equipment. Getting rid of these tools allows you to take back this space in your garage. Now you’re one step closer to getting your yard ready for summer!
- Get Rid of Useless Furniture: Millions of people use the Konmari method for decluttering their indoors, but that same method is also used to create a more relaxing yard space. Look at your outdoor furniture. If it doesn’t spark joy then it’s time to get rid of it. Doing so will help you maximize your outdoor space, create a more serene environment, and declutter your yard all in at the same time!
- Clean Out The Shred: After a long winter, your storage shed is probably packed with yard stuff. It’s easy to let your shed become the “junk drawer” of your yard. Clean out everything, restock your shed with items you want to keep, and junk all the trash and broken objects.