It’s that time of year again! The snow has melted away, and the temperature’s rising… Homeowners are starting open their windows and eye all the junk and dust that’s accumulated over winter. It’s time to give your home a top-to-bottom cleaning!
There’s no need for spring cleaning to stress you out! Junk360 is here to help! Here are Junk360’s tips for giving those spring cleaning projects a boost so you can enjoy a decluttered home in no time.
Designate a Junk Space
Having a place to pile up all your junk will save you time and energy in the long run. Some people use the garage while others use the basement, porch, and even the driveway. Keep in mind that your chosen space should contain the following:
- Large square footage
- Easy access
- Facilitate a mess-free pick up
- An out of the way location
Once you’ve designated your junk space, you’re ready to dive right into your spring cleaning!
Toss Unused Gear, Furniture, and Clothes
Winter means spending a lot of time indoors. Spring cleaning means taking a good hard look around for:
- Unused furniture: If there’s an old couch that every holiday guest avoided or a half empty dresser in the guest room, then those items have probably outlived their usefulness. If they are still in good condition, consider setting them aside for donation. Otherwise place them in the junk zone!
- Untouched or broken winter gear: We all have good intentions of staying physically active over the winter months. But there’s no reason to cling onto that treadmill if the only purpose it serves is as a coat rack. Likewise, this is an excellent opportunity to junk the snowblower that died halfway through December or the snow shovel that snapped in half in February.
- Unworn clothing: If you didn’t wear that sweater in winter, you certainly aren’t going to wear it in summer. Go through every closet for every piece of unworn winter garb. If it’s rarely or never used then all it’s doing is causing clutter.
Spring cleaning is the perfect time to get rid of what you haven’t used while storing away everything else for next winter. Investing in storage bins not only keep your winter belongings safe during the off season, but it helps you stay organized!
Organize Outdoor Spaces
Winters in Minnesota don’t call for a lot of lawn work. Knowing that spring is finally here, it’s time to organize your outdoor spaces. Go through your garage and storage sheds and:
- Dispose of broken equipment and unused tools
- Clean up loose dirt, dust, and cobwebs that accumulated in the windows, doorways, and corners
- Organize equipment, storing away winter tools and unpacking your spring and summer gear
- Prep for pests by removing food and water and sealing all cracks with caulk
However, if you find your shed has outlived its usefulness and is rusting away, it’s time to remove it completely. Not only is it a neighborhood eyesore, but it can actually pose a danger to homeowners and their children. If that’s the case, then call Junk360! We’ll remove that shed from your property in no-time!
Set Aside Donations
As you make your way through every room, separate your junk from items you want to donate or store away for next year. By dedicating one space as for all your junk and investing in storage containers, it’s relatively simple to keep your donations separate from all other items.
If you’re looking to donate as much as possible, you can:
- Go through your bookshelves for extra or unread books
- Check the basement, attic, and your children’s rooms for old toys
- Clean out your kitchen cabinets and drawers, setting aside spare pots and pans
Not sure what’s worth donating? Don’t worry about it! Junk360 automatically sets aside any and all items that can be donated to local charities. Now that’s junk removal with a purpose!
Whether you’re looking for help separating and sorting or you just need junk removed, Junk360 is here for all your spring cleaning needs.
As an eco-friendly organization, we will ensure that nothing ends up in a landfill that doesn’t absolutely belong there. Junk360 will make sure that every item that can be donated or recycled is dealt with accordingly.
As a veteran founded, locally owned business, we make our customers our number one priority. Need help getting your home spring ready? Junk360 has you covered!
Call us today at (651) 395-8659 or request a free estimate online.